Friday

Mail, Apples, and Airplanes

Someday I’m going to be a mail carrier. I will either drive a mail truck or deliver mail by foot. Either way, I think it will be one of the greatest jobs ever. I’ve always thought so. It isn’t something I want to do for my entire life. Just for a while. Maybe for a year or two. I also want to own an apple orchard. I want to have a big old barn where I sell apples and make pies, cider, and apple dumplings to sell. I’ll spend all day working with the earth, planting seeds, pruning branches, picking fruit, putting my hands in the dirt. I’ll spend the evenings cooking and baking. When winter comes, I’ll leave for Europe or Latin America or anywhere. Most of the jobs I want in my life have nothing to do with my degree. I think that’s okay.

I’ve been dreaming of Bernay, France; Tuscany, Italy; and Iguassu Falls, Argentina. I dream every day of Costa Rica.

No comments: